Monday, November 30, 2009

The New Moon Event

It's no secret that Kelsie and Jessica are Twilight fans. And after seeing Twilight last year, I too have read the books and enjoy the series. Here's the story on our midnight premiere of New Moon, and how I became known as the greatest mom on the planet.

Jen rushed home at lunch to tell Jess that people were already lining up at the theater. Jessica arrived at 12:30 and was #69 in line!
She camped our for a while and then Kelsie and I came to join her and keep her company.
Jen made us a few gallons of hot chocolate to share with all our new friends in line. (Quick side note: we met two people who have sons going to the MTC the same day as Jessica.) Also, to make this day longer...I accidentally took my Ambien that morning instead of my regular pill, so I was just a little tired...
I left for Relief Society, so Lamar came to sit in line with Jessica since they were insisting that most of the party had to be represented. I came back later so I could save Kelsie's seat in the theater since they seated everyone early. Yes...that's right! I SAVED Kelsie's seat. I DID NOT GO at midnight, which is why I'm the greatest mom on the planet! When she got there after her high school musical, I went home to go to bed.
Jessica, Kelsie, and Ryan in their seats anxiously awaiting the start of New Moon.
Jess was so excited to win this shirt. She made enemies when she caught it, but she doesn't care. She says she'll take it for pajamas on the mission.
Finally, on the Monday after opening weekend, I went with Jessica to go see New Moon! It was such a fun show! I enjoyed it as much as it was built up to be. And I would definitely go see it again (hopefully without obnoxious teenage girls behind us screaming for Jacob).

1 comment:

  1. After that I'd nominate you for a "mom of the year" award! :) Love all the photos and the giant cooler of hot chocolate..I would have wanted to be in line by you guys!
    Glad you could go see it again, I'm sure Jessica didn't mind seeing it a second time! :)

    ReplyDelete